Saturday, May 24, 2008

Our wild weekend

As most of you know Elara broke her wrist on mother's day. She was going down the slide and the girl in front of her stopped so she decide to "fly around her " as she explains it. I just remembered that I cut my lip and needed stitches from a slide and it happened on a holiday too.
This was on the monday following the break. She was pretty cranky and drugged up so I made her some crab legs (the ones that are cut down the center) to make her happy!!!
Callista asked me to watch D so we went to the district. One of my favorite new spots. We ate and then watched a reggae band They did a few Bob Marley songs . They need some Wailers or some Melody Makers, but we enjoyed it. I really liked the steel drums I saw a steel drummer in Hawaii too and just really enjoy it . The kids ran around with other kids and Elara got 'em dancing. we shared a few chocalate bars and a chocolate shake from Ethel's.


We took a trolley across g.v pkwy. and there was big screen set up and people were watching a movie. My kids weren't gonna sit still for that though. They saw the carousel.We went to whole foods market and got marinated artichokes and mushrooms, a Avacado, 3 Bananas, a big fritter donut that was the size of a 3 fists. They have little kid sized shopping carts and they each pushed one. Dominique is so good to his sister. They may have different Dad's but they are truly 100% siblings that make no distinction. I am so glad D is patient and told him not to let Elara boss him so much.

One love . I love how she put her hand on his arm.

This was a non-stop weekend. The kids had a blast at Andy and leah's. Thanks again for watching 'em while I was at work.
And the next day we had IHOP (thanks dad) and went to the park.
And of course they had a blast at the big 2 yrs birthday bash.

7 comments:

Becky and Ethan+4 said...

Oh man poor Elara! I hope she feels better soon. Looks like you guys had tons of fun none the less and D looks so big, oh you guys are so cute!!

Sarah and Val said...

What a fun weekend. My office is near The District so we have lunch their often. It is fun. Sounds like you had such a fun time on your weekend with the kids.

Mark & Victoria said...

Looks like fun! What are the odds that two of the neices & nephews would break their arms within such a short time. I cant wait to get back to real life. We take for granted the safty and affluance we enjoy in the states. Happy Memorial day to everyone I cant wait to see everyone later this year love Mark jr

Matt said...

Mark, that is so true, we are so blessed here in the USA. I should have got a picture of Alex and Elara with their casts. BE SAFE AND KNOW WE LOVE,MISS AND PRAY FOR YA.

Billy and Lizzie Calban said...

Alex broke his arm?....wierd that I know nothing about my family....

Feel better Elara

Leah and Dustin said...

Matt, love the pictures of you guys at the District. We love going there!!! So much to see and do and I love people watching there also. I usually take my kids there when they are on track break. Last time I got each of my kids an ice cream cone from Ben and Jerry's and $16 later....
anyway totally worth it. It's great that you capture these memories and even better that you share them.

Billy and Lizzie Calban said...

Leah remember when Bill was trying to recruit you to be the next Monica at the District