Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Fair




"Little Liz, the world's tinniest woman" as we heard this over the loud speaker I turned to Billy and said...they can't possibly have a tiny woman in there, it's only 50 cents lets go take a peak, I always wondered what the trick is. Imagine our surprise when we peared over the wall at a real person. She kindly greeted us and we sat and talked to her for a minute (I felt I owed it to her). I walked away from that feeling horrible partly like I had been violated and the other like I was a violator.
Imagine our dismay when we came around the corner to a display that advertised a headless woman and had a caution sign that said no smoking...medical oxygen in use. Although from our previous experience we were intrigued we decided not to see that display for fear it would scar us for life. So if your ever tempted to see the "freaks" on display realize that there will be a real person that will look into your eyes and those eyes will haunt you. After all this couldnt be the way heavenly Father intended those he gave special needs to end up.

5 comments:

Sarah and Val said...

Thanks for the post. I love a good post. Is that an elephant on his side? How did he fall down, and can he get back up?

Billy and Lizzie Calban said...

That is an elephant side ways...they had the cutest little circus at the fair

Matt said...

what a fine turkey. I can see why it won the blue ribbon...I know what u mean about the side show. I have two things I am extremely grateful for...Health and safety./////what is up with that elaphant?

Leah and Dustin said...

That is such a cute picture of you and little Billy. That last picture makes me a little hungry...gobble, gobble!!! Now you've got me all intrigued, how sad for those people who put themselves on display like that. They must feel like they've got no other choice. I can only imagine what it would be like to have people stare/point and laugh at you for a living.

Billy and Lizzie Calban said...

The pic is just side ways...I thought it was funny how he holds on to the stand while people got on him for an elephant ride.