Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I miss Dominique and he missses his cousins!!!

I spoke with my beautiful ex-wife last night. She was saying how much D misses his friends, and I know It would be nice if Alex and Asher had a boy there age to play with @ family parties. Callista would like a personal invite in advance. I'll send her address & numbers to your E-mails. I say it in jest , but we have a better divorce, than marriage. So don't worry about any madness. This is a what I miss about Dominique... He and I would wake up on a sat. morning while the girls were still sleeping and go track animals at the south end of sunset park or at the Henderson side of Vo-tech mesa. He could identify Quail & roadrunners. We would keep count of the rabbits we saw, sometimes as many as 13. Some mornings we would fish. one early morning we caught a small rainbow trout. We kept it and pan fried it. As much as he would frustrate me, I miss the kid, and the honor that is step-parenting.

6 comments:

Sarah and Val said...

I don't usually comment immediately when I see a post. I usually think a while about what I want to say. But this post made me cry and think about Dominique. I too love him and miss him and am sad that he doesn't have the closeness of his cousins and grandparents and aunts and uncles and Matt as a dad. I miss Callista and am sad we are not closer. I wanted her to feel that we when helped her move. That there are no bad feelings. I missed them at Knotts. Elara would have loved having everyone at Knotts. So would I. Love you both.

Leah and Dustin said...

Dominique is a cool kid. He always says the funniest things. I'm sure he misses all of us and we miss him.

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

Oh ya! I forgot how I miss his version of Let it snow! "Oh the weather outside is grateful, an the di de do delightful"

Erin Belanger said...

Dominique was the first person I thought of when I heard you and Callista had divorced. Ethan liked him so much and still counts him when he tallies all his cousins. We haven't the heart to ask him not to.

Matt said...

Keep counting him. We are all the family he has. No cousins on the other side. He will be around.