Wednesday, November 7, 2007

OUR MARKIE, OUR HERO











I wanted to post a small tribute to my brother, Mark, who will be leaving for Iraq in just a few short days. I think sometimes it's easier to try and forget that our country is fighting a war because it makes living day to day so much easier. Most of the time I just go throughout life trying to forget about the troublesome times we live in. I'm guilty of giving little thought to the soldiers as individuals who put their lives on the line to defend THIS GREAT COUNTRY. I cannot express how grateful I am that there are souls out there brave enough, who are so dedicated that they would leave the ones they hold dear for such a cause. It is incredible to me that someone would sacrifice so much so that we can enjoy the freedoms that we cherish.
My brother is MY hero. I am so very thankful for him and his sweet little family in my life. I want to list just a few things that I love about Markie...
He is brave, He is dedicated, He is a hard worker, He is kind, He is generous, He is patriotic, He is loving, He is hilarious, He is forgiving, He is fun to be with, He is a good husband and a good father, He sacrifices, He gives much and asks little in return, He is a fabulous cook, He is a fun uncle, He is extremely intelligent, He is angelic, He loves his family and everyone who is a part of it, He honors his priesthood, He is a great example, He is committed, He is charitable, He is honest, He is always there for any one who needs him, He would give you the shirt off of his back, He LOVES his country, He is humble, He is helpful, He is MY little BROTHER and I'm very blessed to be a part of his life!!!
Markie, while you are away I promise to watch over "your girls" and look out for them and I pray that Heavenly Father will watch over you and bring you back to us safely and without harm. I love you so much and I just want you to know that I look up to you and I'm so proud of you. Stay safe, stay happy, and know that you'll be in our thoughts and prayers...ALWAYS! Love you!
Posted by Leah and Dustin at 10:08 AM 0 comments

7 comments:

Sarah and Val said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Mark & Victoria said...

Leah you summed it up good! I love mark so much that,it sucks so bad right now. My tears will leave a trail to his heart, so he knows that Madeline and I will miss him so so very much. It is so real that this is happening and all we can do is love each other.

Matt said...

"This land will remain the land of the free, only so long as it is the home of the brave" Elmer Davis

Billy and Lizzie Calban said...

I'm am very, very proud of you...and because of my training can mostly understand what you are going through. I'm sure that these last couple days you will be anxious so....If you need to talk...you know my number

Joe Belanger said...

All our thoughts, prayers and deepest admiration go out to you as you serve, Mark. We love you.

Joe Belanger said...

Just looking at these pics again and we are a good looking crew.

Andy said...

We honor your service and pray for your safe return. You will be constantly in our thoughts and prayers.